A power washer pump is a reliable equipment to generate clean surroundings without investing much of an effort. In fact, the pressure of the water running out of the washer pumps allows water saving to a greater percentage and ensures a quicker job than managing it manually. A lot of people rely on power washer pumps but sometimes you need to witness some concerns along the line. At the end of the day, it is a machine, which can come up with some problems and the good news is that you can fix it on your own too.
Fixing the Pressure
Many times, you may find that your power washer pump is not generating enough pressure. This is among the most common concerns and the good news is that you can fix it very easily. Firstly, check for the spray nozzle, either it is too small for the kind of pressure you need or there is some kind of dirt accumulated around it. Besides this, there could be a broken pressure gauge too that allows little or no pressure. If none of these concerns is prevalent then you should adjust the unloader.
Catering to Pressure Problems
No matter if you rely on electric pressure washer or gas, you can fix the pressure problems associated with it by following some simple steps. Below mentioned is a reliable solution to such a problem.
- Check if the nozzle is low especially in the PSI position, if so, and then make sure you pull it back up to high-pressure position.
- If the nozzle is worn out, replace it.
- Check for the unloader valve seal, if dirty, clean it or if worn out, replace it.
- Many times the inlet and outlet valves tend to catch dirt, which needs a replacement.
- If piston is the problem, replace it with a new installation.
What to do with a Clogged Nozzle?
If you feel the problem lies within the nozzle and it being clogged is the concern, then you can definitely fix it without doing much. Below mentioned is an easy fix, mentioned in a systematic procedure.
- Disconnect the spray wand from the gun before opting for cleaning the nozzle.
- Look out for small rigid piece of wire to use to clean the nozzle.
- Use water to flush it through the nozzle so that it removes all the dirt along with the flow.
- Fix back the wand to the gun.
- Restart the pressure washer and check for the spray gun first.
- Repeat the procedure if the results are not as desired because with every repeat you should see a bit of a difference.
When the Power Washer Pump Leaks
It is indeed depressing to witness a leaking washer pump but you do not have to panic because such a problem is very common. There could be different reasons attached to it, either valve issues, over heating or loop concerns. Try to turn off the pressure washer pump when not in use, discharge the unloader from the main tank and shift to downstream, all these little changes act as a perfect fit to your problems.
Start Up Issue
Often people notice that either the major concerns are associated with pressure or when the power washer pump just shuts off. You should always keep in mind that you cannot let the pressure washer pump stay connected or on start mode while not being used. Whenever you are done make sure you unplug it or turn it off in order to avoid such problems. Besides this, sometimes the shutdown could be due to the engine’s plug catching spark, to which you should use a safety gear like gloves to remove it completely and replace it with a new one.
When you use a power washer pump, or any other mechanical device, chances of it failing or breaking down are evident. Definitely, with good maintenance, you can avoid such problems largely but even if there are some concerns arising on the surface, you can cater to them with basic and easy fixes. You can manage the simple problems without worrying too much about the outcome because some minor changes can sometimes lead to good results. Above mentioned is a quick overview on some common problems and its related fixes.