Buying the best pressure washer hose may look simple on paper, however, there are a lot of features that should guide you so that you get the right product. You might be tempted to buy whichever brand or model you come across. You should only buy a pressure washer with features that makes it suited for the niche of jobs you wish to accomplish with it.
To make it easier for you to buy the best pressure, we have scoured every pressure washer models to determine the top-rated brands and models. As a result, we have come up with a list of 10 of the best pressure washer hose. We have looked at their functionalities, price, water flow as well as user reviews to come up with our list.
- 1 The Best Pressure Washer Hose
- 1.1 1. YAMATIC High Pressure Washer Hose Kink Resistant
- 1.2 2. YAMATIC Anti-Kink Pressure Washer Hose
- 1.3 3. Twinkle Star Pressure Washer Hose
- 1.4 4. Sun Joe SPX Universal Extension Hose Heavy Duty
- 1.5 5. PEGGAS 25-FT High-Pressure Washer Hose
- 1.6 6. Sun Joe Universal Extension Hose SPX-25H
- 1.7 7. UBERFLEX Kink Resistant 3100PSI Pressure Washer Hose
- 1.8 8. SIMPSON Cleaning Monster 4500PSI Extension Hose
- 1.9 9. 4000 PSI Black 50-ft Pressure Washer Hose
- 1.10 10. Tool Daily High-Pressure Washer Hose
- 2 FAQs
- 2.1 Are Pressure Washer Hoses Universal?
- 2.2 What is a High-Pressure Hose?
- 2.3 Does a Longer Hose Reduce Water Pressure?
- 2.4 Can You Use a Garden Hose on a Pressure Washer?
- 2.5 How do I Increase Water Pressure in my Garden Hose?
- 2.6 How Much PSI Can a Garden Hose Enjoy?
- 2.7 What Size Water Hose Do I Need?
- 2.8 How Do You Connect a Hose to a Pressure Washer?
- 2.9 What Length of a Hose Do I Need?
- 3 Conclusion
The Best Pressure Washer Hose
1. YAMATIC High Pressure Washer Hose Kink Resistant
If you are looking for a pressure washer hose that you can use with a powerful pressure washer, then the YAMATIC Kink Resistant hose is the right product. It is designed for use with gas-powered pressure washers. It is resistant to wear since it is made of high quality and premium material. Made with recyclable material, the YAMATIC hose is safe for use both domestically and commercially. You can use it to wash your windows, car, floors, pool, driveways and many other places.
- Easy to carry, roll-up and drag.
- Durable since it is made of wear-resistant material.
- Can handle the high pressure of up to 3200PSI.
- 50 feet long.
- You have to buy a separate adapter for electric powered pressure washers.
- Cover gets damaged under high temperatures.
2. YAMATIC Anti-Kink Pressure Washer Hose
If you are looking for the best replacement hose, the YAMATIC Anti-Kink. You can use it for electric pressure washers and gas-powered washers. It is developed with an anti-kink material so that you can easily roll it up. It has a super wear resistance that gives it a longer lifespan. It also comes with brass connectors that you can use to firmly connect the hose to your pressure washer.
- Made of high-quality materials so that they can withstand high pressures and last long.
- Fits most pressure washer brands.
- It does not lose any pressure.
- It’s long so that you don’t have to carry extra slacks.
- Reasonably priced.
- You may need additional adapters to fit it with other pressure washer models.
3. Twinkle Star Pressure Washer Hose
If your current hose is damaged or short, you can replace it or extend it with this 50 ft hose. It comes with a quarter-inch female fitting on both ends and is compatible with most pressure washer brands. The fittings are made of solid brass that so that it is durable and does not leak.
- Works well and doesn’t leak.
- Excellently maneuverable.
- Compatible with most pressure washers.
- Easy to store on a cord reel
- The length is convenient.
- It’s quite stiff.
- It can only handle the pressure of up to 3000PSI.
4. Sun Joe SPX Universal Extension Hose Heavy Duty
With its pressure rating of 2900PSI, the SAUN Joe SPX is suitable for medium and light-duty work. It is designed to fit onto most pressure washers thanks to its 22mm connection. Although it is not among the longest, its length of 25-feet ensures that pressure does not get lost between its ends.
- It doesn’t twist during use.
- Very flexible.
- Made of high-quality material.
- It offers constant pressure.
- It comes with a coupler for connecting to any pressure washer.
- Quite expensive.
- Not easy to carry around due to its weight.
5. PEGGAS 25-FT High-Pressure Washer Hose
This pressure washer hose is suitable for all types of use, from heavy-duty jobs to light jobs at home in your garage. It is made of high-quality material and is capable of handling high water pressure of up to 3200PSI. It is fitted with M22 universal connectors so that you can fit it onto any standard pressure washer.
- Compatible with many brands.
- Made of durable material to make it long-lasting.
- Reasonably priced.
- Hand-tightening collars ensure that it does not leak.
- It cannot be used as an extension hose since the connectors are the same on both ends.
- Its only 25 feet long as compared to others that are 50 feet long.
6. Sun Joe Universal Extension Hose SPX-25H
If you are looking for an extension hose to perform medium and light-duty jobs, then you should get the Sun Joe Universal Extension Hose. It can fit most gas-powered and electric pressure washers. It can handle the pressure of up to 2300PSI.
- Very affordable.
- Works best with the original Sun Joe hose.
- Lightweight hence easy to move around.
- It makes it easy to use your power washer.
- It’s a bit kinky.
- Low-pressure capacity.
7. UBERFLEX Kink Resistant 3100PSI Pressure Washer Hose
In terms of flexibility, this pressure washer hose is the best. It is made with the latest technology that gives it unique properties that other hoses don’t have. It is fitted with connectors that are compatible with most pressure washer models. It is abrasion-resistant to ensure that it lasts longer.
- It is sturdy, durable and lightweight.
- Made in the USA.
- Very flexible.
- It does not kink.
- Does not cover large area due to its length.
- If used for long, it may start developing kinks.
8. SIMPSON Cleaning Monster 4500PSI Extension Hose
It has one of the highest pressure capacity in the market. It is dual-braided and made of steel to give it strength. It is capable of fulfilling all your requirements. It is fitted with a male socket on one end and a female socket on the other end. It can also tolerate high temperatures of up to 60 degrees Celsius.
- Durable since it is made of strong materials.
- It comes with a 90-day warranty.
- It does not leak.
- Its male and female ends are replaceable.
- Weighs more than 20 pounds hence quite heavy.
- Average flexibility.
9. 4000 PSI Black 50-ft Pressure Washer Hose
This pressure washer hose is best suited for commercial cleaning applications thanks to its 4000PSI capacity. Its outer surface is made of rubber throughout its entire length. The inner tube consists of reinforcements made of synthetic rubber and high tensile steel that is braided.
- Designed to be durable.
- Resistant to kinking.
- It’s a very heavy duty hose.
- A large diameter to let in more pressure at the nozzle.
- Great value for the money.
- It starts to kink if used for longer.
- Some users think it is expensive.
10. Tool Daily High-Pressure Washer Hose
Since it fits most gas-powered and electric pressure washers, Tool Daily High-Pressure Washer Hose can serve as a good replacement for your broken down pressure washer hose. It is made of abrasion-resistant material that is anti-kink. It is suitable for medium and light cleaning jobs since it has a capacity of 3000PSI.
- 50-ft long ensures that it covers a large area.
- Reasonably priced.
- Fits most pressure washers.
- It does not leak.
- Has a plastic feel that makes it stiff.
- Reeling it around the pressure washer is quite hard.
Are Pressure Washer Hoses Universal?
You may want to know whether you can use your pressure washer hose on any model of pressure washers. Most pressure washer hose can be used with most standard models of pressure washers. However, there are some pressure washers that may require you to buy a hose that is specifically designed for it.
What is a High-Pressure Hose?
A high-pressure hose is different from an ordinary hose. It is designed to handle water flowing inside it at very high pressure, usually above 2000PSI. They are designed with reinforced materials to ensure that they don’t burst when water flows through them at very high pressure. These types of hoses are used with high-pressure washers.
Does a Longer Hose Reduce Water Pressure?
Yes. Having a longer hose reduces the pressure of water that comes out the other end. This is due to the losses that result from friction between the water and the surface of the hose. For every 100 feet of hose length, water loses 5PSI.
Can You Use a Garden Hose on a Pressure Washer?
No. You cannot use a garden hose on your pressure washer. Garden hoses are not designed to handle high pressure. Most garden hose can handle a maximum of 300PSI. Pressure washers pump water at high pressure of up to 4000PSI. This is too much for a garden hose to handle hence it can burst.
How do I Increase Water Pressure in my Garden Hose?
You may want to save energy and time when using a garden hose. As a result, you may want to increase the pressure. One of the ways you can increase the pressure is by tightening the connection between the garden hose and the pressure washer. You should also ensure that the garden hose is not kinked or twisted.
How Much PSI Can a Garden Hose Enjoy?
The average faucet at home has water flowing out at 60PSI. A garden hose can handle the pressure of up to 300PSI without bursting. Any pressure above that may burst the garden hose.
What Size Water Hose Do I Need?
Garden hose is available in standard diameters. The most common diameter is usually 5/8 inch. This is a good diameter that allows water to flow at an adequate pressure. For light cleaning tasks, you can go with a ¾ inch or ½ inch hose.
How Do You Connect a Hose to a Pressure Washer?
Attaching a hose to your pressure washer is an easy job. However, connecting it correctly is very important. Before you connect anything else, you should connect your hose to your pressure washer. Ensure that the connection is tight so that there is no leakage. You can test your washer on a small area to make sure that there are no loose connections before you can get to work with it.
What Length of a Hose Do I Need?
The length of your hose will depend on the size of the area you want to work on. If you want to work in small areas, like a small garage, a 25-ft hose should be enough. For heavy-duty jobs in large areas, you may need a longer hose, like a 50-ft long hose.
Besides length and size, other factors that you should consider when choosing a hose for your pressure washer hose include material and connection. Three types of materials are used to make hoses; rubber, plastic, and PVC. The best hoses are those that are made of rubber. They are very flexible hence easy to work with and bend. They are also kink resistant and durable.
You also need to have a hose with the right type of connection mechanism so that the water does not leak. You need to check whether your connector type is male or female. Male connectors are easy to work with as compared to female-type connectors.
So what is the best pressure washer hose? Well, it depends on the type of job you want to do. There are so many pressure washer hoses with different features that make them suitable for different tasks. For heavy duty tasks such as commercial cleaning, you need a hose with high pressure capacity like the SIMPSON Cleaning Monster 4500PSI Extension Hose.
However, for light to medium duties, you can choose hoses with pressure capacities of between 2300PSI to 3200PSI. You can choose the best pressure washer hose that will suit your needs and fall within your budget.